Family of Faith Program
- Family of Faith Program
- Master Calendar
- Adult Meetings and Community Gatherings Calendar (All Grades)
- First Reconciliation and First Eucharist Preparation (2nd Grade)
- Confirmation Sacramental Preparation (8th Grade)
The Family of Faith (FoF) Program at Annunciation Catholic Church is designed to help families with children to teach the beauty of our Catholic faith through the witness of Christian life given by their parents. This program is in direct response to our parish families’ request for a co-operative program and recent studies that conclude that parental involvement in the faith-life of their children is by far the most important element in ensuring that a child develops into a practicing Catholic.
• You must be a registered Parishioner at Annunciation Catholic Church
• You must have regular Mass attendance and be active in our Parish Community
• You must attend monthly Adult Meetings offered either Tuesday @ 10:00 am or Wednesday @ 6:00 pm.
• You must complete the lessons at home with your children and be accountable for the those lessons
• You must actively participate in Community Gatherings (minimum requirement of 4 per school year)
This is a co-operative program that allows parents to teach their children at home the beauty of our Catholic faith while receiving support from their parish community. Each family will receive a Parent Guide, a Student workbook for each child and a family scrapbook to be used all year long. The following outlines each element of the FoF program:
• Adult Meetings: (either Tuesday @ 10:00 am or Wednesday at 6:00 pm). The adult meeting is required each month and is an opportunity for the parents, grandparents, or godparents, who will be leading their family in this program and will be further catechized in our faith. Prior to each meeting, you should come prepared to discuss the two essays for the month in the Parent Guide. The meeting offers a variety of engaging strategies for teaching children, a brief presentation, and discussion questions that are meant to help the adults process the information in that month’s lessons.
• Community Gatherings (Weekend / Special Events): These community gatherings for the whole family encourage accountability for staying on track with the program and foster friendships for the families within our Parish Community. The gatherings will offer fellowship, activities related to lessons for that month, guest speakers, and prayer opportunities.
• Immediate Sacramental Preparation Classes are offered for the children whose families are participating in FoF.
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist Sacramental Preparation Classes. If your child participated in our faith formation program last school year, (either traditional classes or FoF) and is entering our 2nd-grade class, they are eligible to participate in the Immediate Sacramental Preparation Program for FOF. Your family will enroll and actively participate in the FOF program. In addition, your child will be required to attend Sacramental Preparation Classes (child only) before each sacrament. Please refer to the calendar for specific session times.
Confirmation Preparation Classes (8th Grade/ Year 1 Confirmation): Your family will enroll and actively participate in the FOF program. In addition, is a parent/child meeting and monthly Sacramental Preparation Classes (child only). Please refer to the calendar for specific session times.
Calendar items in color are only for Confirmation (8th grade) or First Reconciliation / First Eucharist (2nd Grade) students.
Please note: Calendar subject to change.
|March 3, 2019 @ 11:30am-2:00pm||Confirmation Preparation Session and Lunch|
|March 12, 2019 @10:00am||Adult Meeting|
|March 13, 2019 @ 6:00pm||Adult Meeting / Middle School Night /First Eucharist Prep|
|April 3, 2019 @ 6:00pm||First Eucharist Prep|
|April 7, 2018 @ 11:30am-2:00pm||Confirmation Preparation Session and Lunch|
|April 10, 2019 @ 6:00pm||First Eucharist Prep|
|April 14, 2019 @ 10:00am-12:00pm||Mass and Community Gathering|
|April 25, 2019 @ 6:00pm||Confirmation Rehearsal and Dinner|
|April 26, 2019 @ 7:00pm||Confirmation|
|May 1, 2019 @ 5:30pm||Closing Mass and Dinner|
|May 8, 2019 @ 6:00pm||First Eucharist Rehearsal|
|May 11–12, 2019||First Eucharist Masses|
|May 18-19, 2019||First Eucharist Masses|
Please note: Calendar subject to change.
March Adult Meeting: March 12 at 10am or March 13 at 6pm
Lenten Community Meal and Stations of the Cross: March 29 at 6pm
April Adults meetings: April 9 at 10am or April 10 at 6pm
Preparation for First Reconciliation:
October 3, 2018 @ 6:00 – 7:15 pm
October 10, 2018 @ 6:00 – 7:15 pm
November 7, 2018 @ 6:00- 7:15 pm
November 14, 2018 @ 6:00- 7:15 pm
December 5, 2018 @ 6:00 – 7:15 pm
December 12, 2018 @ 6:00 – 7:15 pm
January 9, 2019 @ 6:00pm First Reconciliation Rehearsal
January 11, 2019 @ 6:30pm First Reconciliation –or- January 12, 2019 @ 10:00am First Reconciliation*
Preparation for First Eucharist:
February 6, 2019 @ 6:00 -7:15 pm
February 13, 2019 @ 6:00 – 7:15 pm
March 13, 2019 @ 6:00 – 7:15 pm
April 3, 2019 @ 6:00 – 7:15 pm
April 10, 2019 @ 6:00 – 7: 15 pm
May 8, 2019 @ 6:00pm First Eucharist Rehearsal
May 11–12, 2019 First Eucharist Masses –or- May 18-19, 2019 First Eucharist Masses*
*Specific dates/times TBD by parent selection process at adult meeting
Confirmation Preparation Classes (8th Grade/ Year 1 Confirmation): Your family will enroll and actively participate in the FOF program. In addition, your student will be required to attend parent/student session in September and then monthly Sacramental Preparation Classes (child only). Please see below for specific session times.
February 3, 2019 @ 11:30am-2:00pm : Student Only Session and Lunch
March 3, 2019 @ 11:30am-2:00pm : Student Only Session and Lunch
April 7, 2018 @ 11:30am-2:00pm : Student Only Session and Lunch